menu   Home ELA Resources French Resources About Me  

The story behind my logo?

One of the best things I get from blogging and TpTing is the chance to meet great teachers.

Jenny K. is one of them. She's so creative and I wish I were still in the classroom so I could use her resources with my students. They would love them.

She had this cool idea for a linky party: teacher-bloggers telling the stories behind their logos.

 The story behind my logo


There really isn't a "story" behind mine (sorry, Jenny!), but there's something about it that you might not know.

My logo was created by the talented Michelle, a.k.a. The 3AM Teacher, when she designed this blog.

When I talked to Michelle about my "vision" (I had no idea what I wanted!), I didn't ask for the avatar to be in the logo. In fact, I didn't even know I wanted an avatar!
It was a delightful surprise to see that she had included one in the design.

But, when I first saw it, even though I thought it was super cute, I felt it didn't represent me enough.

You see, I'm Japanese (born in Brazil) and the avatar had big, round eyes…

I asked Michelle to tweak it and make it look more Asian.

I know it still doesn't look super Japanese, but I love it anyway!

Oh, and the yellow was something I had to insist on because my previous logo was yellow. I had designed it myself and, man, it looked awful, BUT I really liked the original yellow color.

So, there you have it: the story behind my logo.

Check out Jenny's linky party by clicking on the image above so you can read about other people's logos and, if you're a teacher-blogger, you might want to link up, too!

Thank you for reading!

6 comments:

  1. I just typed a big long comment and it got deleted... Ugh! Soo... let's try again! First of all thank you for linking up and I thought it was SO COOL that you were #50 b/c that was the magic number I hoped to get to on this link up. I'm so happy to have "met" you b/c of TPT...hopefully we can meet in person in Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny, I love that there's someone on the blog-o-sphere (sp?) who knows who Gerhard Richter is (among other incredible artists!)
      I'm not sure I'll be coming to Vegas, but I would really, really love to meet you in person!

      Thanks for the link-up!

      Delete
  2. I tried to comment last night but it didn't work! Anyway, I was just going to say that I had no idea your avatar was supposed to be Japanese. It is SO cute though and I love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know! That's why I wrote this post. If one day I ever meet any of my virtual teacher friends, they'll be less surprised :)

      Delete
  3. I really love your blog! Stopping by from Jenny's linky! Your avatar and design are cute!

    Brandi
    Swinging for Success

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the yellow in your blog, too, Lucy.
    It's a very soft and pretty colour scheme:)

    ReplyDelete